Highlighted
Frequent Visitor
Accepted Solution

Reports Streaming Dataset

Observed 2 limitations on the POwer Bi Reports created on Streaming Dataset

1. When we create Report on PowerBI.com, you can not download the Report to PBIX format.

2. When we used desktop to connect to Streaming Data set, we  can not add any other Data sets.

Accepted Solutions

Re: Reports Streaming Dataset

Hi @SudhirNune,

The 2 is already listed in the article which I mentioned in previous post. It's not a limitation only for steaming dataset, all dataset connected via Power BI service data sources will be applied. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

View solution in original post

All Replies

Hi @SudhirNune,

1. It's a limitation that the report created in Power BI service can't be downloaded as a pbix file, see from this article

• The report must have originated from Power BI Desktop and been published to the Power BI service, or the .pbix must have been uploadedto the service.

2. This is also a limitation when get data from Power BI service dataset, see from this article

• Since this is a live connection, left-navigation and modeling are disabled, similar to the behavior when connected to SQL Server Analysis Services.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Frequent Visitor

Hi Qiuyun Yu,

Yes I agree, I am aware of this, I wanted to add this 2 to the limitation list on Streaming Data Reporintg of Power BI

Hi @SudhirNune,

The 2 is already listed in the article which I mentioned in previous post. It's not a limitation only for steaming dataset, all dataset connected via Power BI service data sources will be applied. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu