Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Carmichael01
Helper I
Helper I

Report keeps reverting to an unsaved filter

Simply put - the report seems to hold or cache the results when users interact with the report using the on page slicers. What is Stange is the report show no on page or report level filters in play. Nothing has been selected. Refreshing the report will return the whole data set but if I navigate a way and back then the filters are on again. I will republish the report from desktop and everything will then be as they should (no filters running) but invariably a few hours later the report is being filtered again. Again I will check the report/Page and Viual level filters on the affected page but there is nothing selected.

All memebers are view only users so I can figure out what might be going on. Any ideas?

Note:
1. The reason I think it's the on page slicer is that the other pages don't have the same data filtered.
2. It is connected to SSAS Tabular (don't know why that should make a difference)
2 REPLIES 2
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@Carmichael01

What do you mean the "on page slicer"? Do you mean "Page Level Filter"?

As I tested (with Tabular source), if you have applied a page level filter, it will always revert to the filters you have set in Power BI Desktop when you refresh your report. Unless you "Save as" a new report.

Regards,

Hi Simon - why you described in your test is the way I would expect it to work. Our issue is that if you apply a page filter it doesn't revert to the filters in saved as per desktop.

No users we know of are saving the report with new filters in the service but some how new filters are being 'held'. These filters seem to be associated with the slicers on the page (you know; when you drop a dimension on the report canvas and change it to a slicer). However, when the report loads and has had one of those filters applied no where on the report does it look like there has been something filtered. Alll are set to all, no slicers selected.

Example: I have a report which has data by countries. The desktop file has NO filters on country and is published into service. When it is published the report in service has NO filters being applied all all country data is being displayed. THEN when logging into the report at a later data the data only shows South East Asia countries BUT there are no filters applied on the page or the report. There is no way to deselect anything anything as nothing is selected. Reloading the page doesn't work. Refreshing the data on the PBI report ribbon DOES result in the All of the data being loaded without any filters. However if I navigate away from the report and the back to it the report exhibits only South East Data again (it's not always SEA - just an example)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors