Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Report colors changing when published

So I've noticed that on several occasions when I publish a report to a group, the colors within a visualization will change to something other than what I set them to be. I've specifically noticed these on line and bar charts. 

I try not to change any colors in a visualization from what is set automatically by Power BI. But there have been times where I need to make a change to the automatted selected colors (still keeping within the spectrum of colors available in the default Power BI listing). When I publish the report, the colors that were modified will sometimes change. I have to edit the published report by hand to change some of the colors back to what they were in the desktop file. 

Any suggestions on a fix, would be great. It seems like there's a bug that doesn't allow colors to stay "locked in" when reports are published.

I'm curious to know if others have encountered this.

Thanks,

Jonathan 

42 REPLIES 42

Not an Issue??????????????????????????

Maybe for you pal but I'm getting a lot of chrap for the colors not being the same and all this after I updated Power BI...

When will this be fixed...??

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors