Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

granthworth
Helper II
Helper II

Report Page Permissions

Hello all,

I am finally getting somewhere with setting up a user-friendly access point for all of my company's dashboards and reports. If you saw my other thread on this topic, you would know that I was struggling to find a solution for us.

Click here for the original thread

This is how I have it structured until Microsoft eventually adds features that will make this process much easier. 

All users initially open a bookmarked chromeless Live Page dashboard in their browser. This dashboard has 6 text boxes formatted with hyperlinks to categorical reports (Safety, Quality, Productivity, etc). When the user clicks the "Quality" hyperlink, he/she is taken to the Quality report (also chromeless) which has 3 pages for our 3 different sites across the country. 

Now, this is where I am struggling...

I would like to restrict access to certain pages of the reports. For instance, users at the Tuscaloosa, AL location do not need viewing access to the Finance report for the Detroit, MI facility. Our executives obviously would need access to all sites, however. Each of these report pages will be associated with its own data source. Is there any way to accomplish this? I created a test report with two different data sources. However, when I tried to create a content pack, I noticed both data sources were combined into one dataset and it could not be "deselected" from the content pack.

Thanks a lot!

3 REPLIES 3

You can create tab(page) level security by conditional navigation feature coming with May 2020 release of Power BI. 

Details on this workaround is here: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/page-tab-level-security-conditional-navigation-power-bi-a%25C5%259F%2...

ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@granthworth Have you considered Row Level Security for each of your datasets? You will be able to achieve what you after with RLS. It is still in preview but has been working for me to restrict the level of data user sees in a report.

Anonymous
Not applicable

is that mean there is no way to put permission restriction on page leve? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors