Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

SachinC
Helper V
Helper V

Refresh of PowerBI Online for Dynamics & OData

HI,

PowerBI Pro claims to refresh data hourly, does this apply to ODATA and Dynamics as a datasource?

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
SachinC
Helper V
Helper V

Hi all,

Just to recap on a bit of testing I did a few moments ago.

1. When I connect to Dynamics 365 using PowerBI desktop, it asks me for a URL.  I then authenticate myself using my OData username and password.  On PowerBI desktop, it looks fine - when I change values in Dynamics and I refresh Data Query, it shows the change.
  2. I published my report to PowerBI online, however when I go to the chart, pin to a new dashboard and then click '...', Settings, Datasets, Edit Credentials, it gives me something completely different and I am lost:

extensionDataSourceKind - what does this mean?

extensionDataSourcePath - what does this mean?

Authentication: Basic (dropdown list only has this value)

Username: <my office 365 username>

Password:  <my office 365 password>

I need help because my test is to determine how often Dynamics data gets refreshed. 

I look forward to your responses.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, @v-sihou-msft @SachinC

you got the answer for this please let me know how to solve this.

im also facing same issue with microsoft dynamics nav and power bi odata refresh using windows authentication how to do?.

Please help me

@SachinC

I can't reproduce your issue.

When I "edit credential", it just prompt out a window showing the Dynamics endpoint URL and authentication type for selection. Then we just need to click "sign in" to log on with our credential.

Can you share some screenshots?

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors