Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Refresh delay optimisation tips anyone ?

Hi guys,

I'm using a few Power BI reports using date files updated from Sharepoint & One Drive.

I've noticed that my report refresh delay on Power BI Desktop is about 2 minutes but is 20 or 25 minutes when loaded to the Power BI online service.

Do you have any tips to reduce this delay ? Thanks 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous,

Note:

When you configure a time for scheduled refresh, there can be a delay of up to one hour before it begins.

It is a known limitation for scheduled refresh currently. Smiley Happy

Regards

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Janel
Frequent Visitor

Related to this topic, I would like to know how to add the refresh date to a PBI Report that is placed on a SharePoint site.  I  have it on the Dashboard, but do not see how to add the refresh date to a Report.  I have PBI Pro.

Thanks, 

Janel

Janel
Frequent Visitor

See my previous question here, but to show a refresh date for a report that is embedded on a SharePoint site you must create a query that goes and gets todays date and time, then put that field result on the report. 

I got the answer here on this blog, but wanted to place it here in this thread, too.

The DAX formula is as follows that is placed in a query:  = DateTime.Time(DateTime.LocalNow())&DateTime.Date(DateTime.LocalNow())

The table needs to be refreshed at the same time as the other report sources.

Janel

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there, are you using a Scheduled refresh, or letting the Power BI Service control the refresh?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm using a scheduled refresh.

For example, my morning refresh is launched at 8:00 AM but my refreshed report is never ready before 8:25 😞

Hi @Anonymous,

Note:

When you configure a time for scheduled refresh, there can be a delay of up to one hour before it begins.

It is a known limitation for scheduled refresh currently. Smiley Happy

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your help 🙂

Hi @Anonymous

Hi there, as per the documentation from Microsoft whilst they try to get it as close as possible to the scheduled time, they do say that it can take quite a bit longer before the refresh occurs.

Here is the related details

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-refresh-data/

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors