Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

chayanupadhyay
Helper III
Helper III

Refresh Power BI report using HDInsight Connector

I have created report using Azure HDInsight Spark Connector and used Import mode.

Published the report on service and trying to refresh the dataset from the Power BI service and getting refresh failed.

Can we refresh report/dataset in Power BI Service which created using Import mode and connector as Azure HDInsight Spark connector?

4 REPLIES 4
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@chayanupadhyay

It's supported to refresh Azure HDInsight Spark data source. And since it's cloud source, you don't need a gateway. Please see: Data refresh in Power BI.

What's the detail error message in refresh history? Did you edit the credential for connecting Azure HDInsight Spark after publishing onto Power BI Service?

Regards,

Thanks @v-sihou-msft 

Created report in desktop and published it to service. I haven't updated credentials.

PFB the details in refresh history:

Untitled22.jpg

Question 1:

Details: "ODBC: ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][Hardy] (34) Error from server: Could not resolve host for client socket.. ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][Hardy] (34) Error from server: Could not resolve host for client socket.."

Steps taken 

1. open powerbi desktop 

2. Select get data

3. Azure HDinsight Spark [beta]- selected

4. getting above error - i know this is beta version but still it should work. Can you let me know if anything is missed

Question 2:

Can we try to connect directly from windows azure or Powerbi live server if, i havent tried though if yes please let me know the steps

@ganeshpanda123

I haven't tried with ODBC connector so not sure of first question.

Can you please explain little bit more about 2nd Question... i might have tried that part but not able to understand the question.

If you already got any answers then please post here.

Thank you !!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors