Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Caitlin_Knox
Advocate III
Advocate III

Refresh Fail - Folder Source

I have a PBIX file with a folder as the data source. The folder gets freshly exported csv files from a web service weekly. My expectation is that when the folder gets a new file added, the data modeling steps performed on the first will be applied to all subsequent.

I have published the pbix file to my dashboard and have set it to stay up to date. The actual pbix file lives on my one drive for business.

I am receiving the following error when refreshing on demand- I'm not sure what the error message means. Any help or pointers in the right direction are appreciated.

I should add that I am able to open the pbix file, and when I select refresh- it processes the data fine- and the visualizations are then up to date.

Refresh history
Details Type Start End Status Failure message
Hide
On demand‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2016‎ ‎3‎:‎14‎:‎21‎ ‎PM‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2016‎ ‎3‎:‎14‎:‎31‎ ‎PMFailedAn error occurred while processing the data in the dataset.
Hide details
Data source type: 
Data source error:The Csv.Document parameter 'Columns' is invalid.
Cluster URI:WABI-WEST-US-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:9ba11e7f-e57d-0a7e-03c6-7581df25fc8d
Request ID:99d829ea-adaa-9c56-40cb-83c322f05bf4
Time:2016-04-11 22:14:31Z
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Caitlin_Knox
Advocate III
Advocate III

Just adding this for posterity. I had a ticket open with Microsoft and worked through the issue- their response was finally this:

According to the product group there was an update issued for the gateway adapter service, which was deployed and addressed the issue.

Everythign is working as expected now.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Caitlin_Knox
Advocate III
Advocate III

Just adding this for posterity. I had a ticket open with Microsoft and worked through the issue- their response was finally this:

According to the product group there was an update issued for the gateway adapter service, which was deployed and addressed the issue.

Everythign is working as expected now.

ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Caitlin_Knox I have noticed issues with .csv files in powerbi for few times now. What i've then done and has worked for me is to import .csv as text files and then using query delimit columns by comma. Error have dropped since them and schedule refresh have also been fine.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors