Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

giusizap

Refresh Data Fails - Timed out

Hello everyone,

I am unable to refresh my powerbi data online.
My dataset get data from two data sources: Azure SQL Database and Azure Table Storage.

The error is:
"The update operation failed because it requires more than 120 minutes. Try to reduce the size of the data set or to break it up into smaller sets of data."

Thank you in advance

8 REPLIES 8
jbocachica
Resolver II
Resolver II

Well I just follow the message, they said ("Break it up") and I just did that to solve my problem.

1. I create my connection to Table Storage (Wich doesn't allow to configure the timeout)
  2. Just duplicate my dataset and modify my "M" code to read the table and then just merge the tables.
  3. But keep in mind, the merge could not be done from the query editor page, must be from the design page.

After that, my Power BI is using about 120 MB per Second agains the 23 MB per second that was using before and the update is done in the time that must be done.

John Bocachica
Senior BI Consultant
Information Workers
http://www.iwco.co

Hi @jbocachica,

I just tried something similar but without loading all my tables in the data model and reducing some merges size. I normally use OData-feeds. Would that also make a difference?  

But I still get the messages that the refresh passing the 120 minutes and that I need to separate my data sets into smaller one. 

Any suggestions? 

Best,

J.

I have the same issue, any solution?

My data source is blob storage and it is only 280 MB (taking over 4 hours to refresh on power bi desktop)

Bahar
Regular Visitor

the same problem ...

But No solution so far Smiley Indifferent

Bahar

Bahar
Regular Visitor

I have the same problem ...
any Ideas? or solution?  PLZ

TNX

jbocachica
Resolver II
Resolver II

Any solution about this?

Regards

John Bocachica
Senior BI Consultant
Information Workers
http://www.iwco.co
VigneshVs
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

The same issue still persists???

If it is solved could you pls let me know the solution?

If not let some experts look into the issue as i am getting the same error message though i have defined the Connection time out as 180 mins.

Thanks in advance

Hi All,

Any solution for this, i am also getting same error some times.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors