Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Realtime reporting - Delete streaming data in Push mode

Hello everyone, 

I want to do realtime reporting in PowerBI using Stream analytics.  I have everything setup and works fine.. Now I want to show active users in a map for a particular timeframe only (say for last 10 mins).  Using only streaming mode Maps are not possible.  Using hybrid mode, data is incremental and now challenge is how to get only LAST 10 mins data on dashboard ?  I saw something like PowerBI rest API's for Deleterows but again I am not completely clear on how and exactly when/where to call it from once my job is running?  OR to put in other words, is there any way I can view my live data in PowerBI dashboard for a particular timeframe?  Like for example in a map I plot active users coming from Stream analytics which keeps aggregating, but I want to see only last 5 mins data or may be 5 mins of data before an hour?  Is anything like this possible.  Please suggest solution or alternatives around this...

6 REPLIES 6
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous,

I don't think delete row is a option, the simple way is add advanced filter with 'topn' filter model to filter records.
Choose a suitable number will achieve only display last records on map visual based historic dataset.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Xiaoxin,

Thanks for your inputs.  The problem is I don't have any fix number of records to fetch..I want data for a particular timeframe, so how do I achieve that?

Regards,

M

HI @Anonymous,

AFAIK, most of edit feature not available in power bi service side.

Maybe you can try to get data form power bi service, then write a measure to check matched records and drag to visual level filter to control display records.

Notice: normal filter/slicer not accurate enough to achieve last n minutes filter effect.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Xiaoxin, but still doesn't sound like a feasible solution to my problem.  Looks like this is not possible as of now in PowerBI

Hi @Anonymous,

>>Looks like this is not possible as of now in PowerBI

As document mentioned, you can't direct operate streaming dataset.

It is possible to view or use api to operate on stored history records if you turn on historic option.

In addition, power bi service also not contain accurate enough filter features on to achieve your requirement.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Any update on this? I have a Push Streaming Dataset with Historic data analysis turned on and I ocassionally need a way to get in and remove/correct bogus or unneeded records.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors