Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

fishleaf
Helper II
Helper II

Read-only content can't be pinned yet?

Hello,

I'm sharing my dashboard and report to users. However, when users are in the report, they can't pin visuals to their dashboard. The Pin button is gray and shows the the messge "Read-only content can't be pinned yet".

I remember a month ago the users can do that. Did I set up something wrong? Is there anyway I can can let my user pin my visual to their own dashboard without them creating a copy through contect pack?

Thank you

Screenshot

5 REPLIES 5
rsmccall33
Helper II
Helper II

Same thing happened to me, and then I found this link with resolution

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Content-Pack-tiles-now-read-only-and-cannot-be-pinned/m-p/17...

Anonymous
Not applicable

This work-around does not work for Group Workspaces, when can we expect to let read-only members make their own dashboard? This is a crucial part of the workspace, I don't want my users to be able to delete datasets or reports, but it is also a requirement that they are able to make a personalized dashboard based on the workspace.

This is still a critical feature for us to promote executive and management level use of the tool.

Has there been any update to this? At times I'm able to pin content, and other times I get the message that read only content can't be pinned. Is there some setting that needs to be adjusted when publishing and/or building reports?

Mi2n
Employee
Employee

Does anyone have any update on this? This feature needs to be available soon.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors