Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AshGSmith

Q&A Not Working on SSAS 2016 Dataset

I've got a dataset running on SSAS 2016 which should be compatible with Q&A from what I've read, however when I enable it I just get the error meesage:

"We weren't able to load suggestions right now. Please try again later."

I'm not sure what else I can do to get this up and running. I did have an old 2014 dataset connected but that's been removed now as I wondered if that was causing the Q&A not to work for some reason, but I'm not closer to getting it sorted yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated

3 REPLIES 3
BhaveshPatel
Community Champion
Community Champion

Please see this post on the community.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-q-a-for-enterprise-gateway-connected-data-sources-...

This idea is flagged as completed. Check at here.  

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.

Hi, 

I've already done everything listed in that page, is there anything else that I need to take into consideration for this? 

Hi @AshGSmith,

I have a dataset connecting to SQL Server 2016 Analysis Services tabular model and the Q&A works fine for that dataset. However, I got the same error you mentioned above when I was using Q&A for that dataset this morning. The issue got fixed after I went to Settings, Dashboards and disabled and re-enabled "Show the search box on this dashboard" for that dashboard. Could you go and have a try to see if it could help.Smiley Happy

qa.PNG

I did have an old 2014 dataset connected but that's been removed now as I wondered if that was causing the Q&A not to work for some reason, but I'm not closer to getting it sorted yet.

By the way, have you tried removing the entire dataset and recreating a new dataset which only connecting to your SQL Server 2016 Analysis Services tabular model?

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors