Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Naanorley

Publishing

Hello,

Do I have to use the same account for power BI desktop and power BI service to be able to view my published data set in power BI service? because after publishing I go to power BI service and my dataset is not available. I am using different email accounts.

2 REPLIES 2
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Naanorley,

because after publishing I go to power BI service and my dataset is not available. 

Could you be more precisely with "dataset is not available on Power BI service"? Do you receive any error on Power BI service?

What's your data source type? If you're connecting to a on-premises data source(like SQL DB), after publishing the report to Power BI service, you also need to install and configure on-premises data gateway(which acts as a bridge, providing quick and secure data transfer between on-premises data (data that is not in the cloud) and the Power BI service) to make your on-premises data source available on Power BI service. For more details about on-premises data gateway, you can refer to this article. Smiley Happy

Regards

CahabaData
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

No - in that Desktop doesn't really have an account so to speak.

I think what you are experiencing is the attempt in Desktop & browser to make life easier for you in defaulting to your prior account log in.....since most do go to the same place every time......

When in desktop - be sure you are logged out of everything... - in the upper right hand it should say 'Sign In' .....then try the publish - and it should trigger a pop up of the generic PBI Service log in screen - - where you can select/enter any log in.

www.CahabaData.com

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors