Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Publish to web and Analyze in Excel

Hi! I have googled - believe it or not - but I can't find any information wether if it is possible or not to use the Analyze in Excel functionality when you use publish to web? 

I have tried publishing a report to web, but I don't have any way of analyzing the data in excel to that could perhaps answer my question but I would still like to know if there maybe was a way to "enable" this feature or if anyone knows if it's in the pipeline for upcoming features?

Sincerely,

Ultralum

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous Analyze in Excel is a right click functionality on the report or dataset within the Service, you can't initiate it from Publish to Web.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@Anonymous Analyze in Excel is a right click functionality on the report or dataset within the Service, you can't initiate it from Publish to Web.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Hi @Anonymous,

The reply @Seth_C_Bauer posted is right. Please mark the right/helpful reply as answer. So that we can close the case and more people will learn things here.

Thanks,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors