Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

BenFransen
Regular Visitor

Publish to a local server

In the publishing options I'm looking for a feature to publish a dashboard locally and access it via the browser within the network. I have company data I don't want to publish on powerbi.com. Can this be done? Currently using the free version but upgrading to the paid one is not a problem if it has that feature.

8 REPLIES 8
lolerloler

Dear all,

is it possible meanwhile with the current version to publish localy? Any other solutions to publish w/o save the data outstide of the local ressouces? 

Regards,

lolerloler

v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@BenFransen

This feature is in the state of “UNDER REVIEW” in Power BI Ideas now. You can vote it and add your comments here.

Best Regards,

Herbert

If so, this would be a great work...

I need powerbi file publish to local windows server.. is it possible for own local server without powerbi cloud server.. any idea or suggesstions.

As stated in previous replies, this is not currently possible.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

not possibel to publish local server right...

it is possible to publish to local windows server without powerbi cloud server..any solutions

Bitwize_PowerBI
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

This is currently not possible but I believe it's on microsoft's backlog.

as a workaround you could create your dashboard in Power BI desktop and save your pbix file on sharepoint or a shared drive so your colleagues can open the pbix file in Power BI desktop on their machine.

Regards,

Dries

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors