Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Project Management Dashboard

https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiOTMxMzNjZjItYTVmOS00NmUzLTljZTAtY2JjMGZlNWUyMzEzIiwidCI6ImRmM...
Need your suggestions on how I can improve the dashboards in terms of look and feel and also user functionality
Thanks for the help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous A few suggestions from my end:

1. Page 1 seems to be perfect ! Fantastic work 

2. Page 2: Try making maximum visual to filter data when clicked on any other visual

3. Page 2: Issue Register By Priority - Give different color based on priority (like red for critical, yellow for medium, green for low, etc)

4. Page 2: Sort Month for Financial Report Plannes Vs Actual and if possible label data 

5. Page 3: Deliverable Notes word cloud visual does not make much sense (from my point of view) for the data you have now

6. Page 3: Try fitting Project Delivery Timeline in single view without much of scrolling (may be at bottom)

7. Page 3: Project Wise Deliverable status & Assigned to Deliverable status...make color code same for both (like red for closed)

Overall good work and appreciate your efforts Rinky. All the best !

View solution in original post

39 REPLIES 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

pvz
Frequent Visitor

Thanks Rinky, but somehow i get everytime the message, when i follwo your weblink, that the content is not available.....

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,
Am sorry , I dont know why its not working. I shall email u the pbix file tomorrow
pvz
Frequent Visitor

Good afternoon Rinky,

Would you like to send the document via mail (pzoggel@hotmail.com)?

thanks

Paul

hi @Anonymous

I had the same issue with opening the file. Would you please send the pbix file to Andrew.Anh.Dang@Gmail.com, please. I would appreciate it alot.

Andrew

I'm curious now as well, though I'd be fine with some screen shots..

could you send the pbix to fowldv@icloud.com... Thanks.

hi @Anonymous;

I could not view the dashaboard neither. 

Thanks;

Andrew

Thanks @Anonymous

It would be great if you could share shamsudheens@gmail.com

Thanks a lot

Shamsuddeen

Hi @Anonymous

I tried to get the green and ed arrow changed dynamically based on the measure value. However I am not able to get the image in report, just gets the url string alone once drag the field.

It would be very helpful if you give some insight how you accomplishd this.

I tried to mimic the below link approach as well without success.

http://sqljason.com/2015/11/custom-indicators-in-power-bi-using.html

Br,

Shams

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,
In the data modelling tab. Under Model tab. You will find a field Category. Image Url is one of the options. Select the column where you have added upward arrow and down arrow url. Change the category of the column to image url. It will render the image in report view

Thanks @Anonymous. I am able to implement this in report.

Br,

Shamsuddeen

Postema

Could you Tell something about the migration actions.

Is this already in the database or is this adres while reporting.

Is dit possible to add New actions?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,
Mitigation Actions were there in the database. I represented them using Card visualization.

Feel free to check out my embedded Project Dashboards on this page here for ideas: https://tumbleroad.com/power-bi-managed-services/ 

Data is sourced from Office 365 and Project Online.

Thanks!

--Treb

Treb Gatte, Power BI Red Carpet Partner | Microsoft MVP | Twitter | Blog | Blog 2

Postema

Could you Tell something about the migration actions.

Is this already in the database or is this adres while reporting.

Is dit possible to add New actions?

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

I get "content not available" when clicking that link.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

My apologies!

I didn't verify the link was not working. I have published the correct link again. Can you please check once more.

Also, it would be great if you can provide some suggestion to make the dashboard more intuitive 

Thanks again

@Anonymous A few suggestions from my end:

1. Page 1 seems to be perfect ! Fantastic work 

2. Page 2: Try making maximum visual to filter data when clicked on any other visual

3. Page 2: Issue Register By Priority - Give different color based on priority (like red for critical, yellow for medium, green for low, etc)

4. Page 2: Sort Month for Financial Report Plannes Vs Actual and if possible label data 

5. Page 3: Deliverable Notes word cloud visual does not make much sense (from my point of view) for the data you have now

6. Page 3: Try fitting Project Delivery Timeline in single view without much of scrolling (may be at bottom)

7. Page 3: Project Wise Deliverable status & Assigned to Deliverable status...make color code same for both (like red for closed)

Overall good work and appreciate your efforts Rinky. All the best !

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors