Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

satye
Frequent Visitor

Problem wuth Schedule Refresh using OErsonal Gateway

Hi All,

I created a Power BI report accessing On - Premises SQL Server Data Base.

I published on PowerBi Services, and everything was ok until I create a schedule refresh. After that I can't see anymore the report`s data. Besides when I click into the data set this error appears:

"This dataset contains on-premises data sources. To schedule data refresh, try Power BI Pro for 60.00 days, or contact your Office 365 tenant administrator to purchase Power BI Pro. Learn more about data sources that currently support refresh."

I Have a free Power BI acount and I`m using a personal Gateway ( Connected and good to go !)

As We Can see in the PowerBi's documentation, I thought it was able to schedule a refresh :

Data Refresh                                     Power BI (free)                     Power BI Pro
Datasets scheduled to refresh          Daily                                     Hourly*

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-refresh-data/

Does Anyone Can Help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@satye

Please refer to this document. If data from a dataset that connects to on-premises data using the Power BI Gateway - Personal, and for which a scheduled refresh is set, then it's Power BI Pro content. So in your scenario, a pro account is needed.

Best Regards,
Herbert

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@satye

Please refer to this document. If data from a dataset that connects to on-premises data using the Power BI Gateway - Personal, and for which a scheduled refresh is set, then it's Power BI Pro content. So in your scenario, a pro account is needed.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors