Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Boja
Advocate II
Advocate II

Problem with Power BI Pro feature

Hello, 

I am experiencing a problem with unkown Pwer BI Pro feature.

"This dashboard contains Power BI Pro content. Only users that have Power BI Pro will have access to it"

My report is quite simple. I am using an excel file stored on my computer as a data source, and it is related to the ISO code Table and the Calendar Table created with M code. I haven't set scheduled refresh since I am manually updating it when needed. The report consists of 2 graphs, 2 tables, several gauges and 2 shaped maps. Nothing here suggests that I am using Power BI Pro feature. The report was publish a month ago for the first time without any trouble, however since yesterday I am facing the problem.

Could you please shed light on my confusion?

I would highly appreciate any advice or insight into this problem. 

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
djnww
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

No word back from Microsoft, sorry. I have chased them up.

However, one of the other posters did say he spoke to Microsoft and that the 'PRO' message was an error and would be rectified.

Let's hope this is true.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Boja
Advocate II
Advocate II

i don't think so. Most of them do not have Pro version installed.

When i shared the dashboard for the first time when the problem arises, some of them were complaining on the following

photo1.png

This time nobody complained and i have even shared with more people than last time (around 40).

Boja
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi djnww,

It seems like this. I have shared the report with many people but so far nobody has complained about singing to Pro version. 🙂

Let's see how the new licensing will work...That is a great news.

Thank you very much for your time and quick response.

I wish you a great day.

djnww
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi @Boja,

That's because your users keep extending the PRO trial, correct ? Smiley Very Happy

Cheers,

D

Boja
Advocate II
Advocate II

Thank you, guys. Very appreciated. Smiley Happy

djnww
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

No word back from Microsoft, sorry. I have chased them up.

However, one of the other posters did say he spoke to Microsoft and that the 'PRO' message was an error and would be rectified.

Let's hope this is true.

djnww
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

On another note, my Microsoft contact told me that there will be big changes to Power BI licensing coming in a few weeks. He seemed quite positive about it.

D

TheOckieMofo
Resolver II
Resolver II

I am experiencing the same issue. I have 4 dashboards out there, none of which have given me that message until today. Something has changed overnight. Not sure the issue.

djnww
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

FYI, I did create a new post and provided users with an update.
I spoke to my Microsoft BI contact today and he said that this should not be occuring. He wil investigate and let me know.
billjn
Advocate I
Advocate I

I just noticed the same thing today with a dashboard that has never displayed that message in the past.  I haven't changed anything on the dashboard, and I'm not aware of any PowerBI Pro content in it.  I refresh it manually from a Power BI Desktop PBIX file.

djnww
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Something happened today... I don't know why this change occurred. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors