Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dmoysidis
Frequent Visitor

Problem in direct query:very slow to refresh preview

Before updating to the latest version of Power BI my reports were fine. Now at the query editor, I have to wait hours (!) for the refresh to show any results. 

I am connecting to CRM Dynamics Online 8.2

Any idea what's happening?

2017-08-23 16_45_23-All installations - Query Editor.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

OK so I created a new query and copied the code and practically generated the same result and the preview loaded in 5 seconds. So if we created a query with an old version then that's not compatible with the new and we have to re-generate it?

That doesn't make any sense at all.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
MohammadSalman
Frequent Visitor

Hello, 

Did you manage to know what the reason behind this issue is? I am having the same issue were I have 11 queries and sometimes some of them are loaded successfully and sometimes none of them is being loaded. All data sources are excel sheets (some locally and some stored on BOX).

PLEASE HELP 😞

Thanks,

Mohammad

v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@dmoysidis

Make sure you enable parallel loading tables.

44.PNG

And verify your Power Query to see if there's any Query Fold issue.

Not Folding; the Black Hole of Power Query Performance

If there's no issue on query, please fetch the Fiddler Trace and create a support ticket for deep analysis. 

Regards,

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @dmoysidis

What happens if you had to remove the filter? It appears that you have got a filter in your step as shown in your screenshot below.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Tried that but without any luck. 30min waiting and CPU at 99% as well as RAM at 99%

OK so I created a new query and copied the code and practically generated the same result and the preview loaded in 5 seconds. So if we created a query with an old version then that's not compatible with the new and we have to re-generate it?

That doesn't make any sense at all.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors