Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Pro User Share Dashboard to Non-Pro User

I have created a reports ( and more in the future )  using Power BI. I have the pro version (free trial) and wanting to share it with people in my company, all 365 users, but not pro memebers. Do they need to have pro as well, I shared it with someone and it seemed they could not open it. All they would be doing is looking at it and maybe using some of the slicers that are in there.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Conarl_on_BI
Helper III
Helper III

Hi 

For collaboration and content sharing of Power BI user’s needs to have a PRO license to facilitate this.

Although you have a Pro license the person consuming your visualization also needs the same license added to their O365 account. 
Contact you Global Admin on how you can approach the license since they're different option available. 

Thanks,

Conarl_On_BI

View solution in original post

Hi there,

I would like to add to that, in that you could possibly get the users to start the Pro Trial as you have.
The reason being that if this is something new and you want to ensure that it is something your organization will use and realize how awesome it is. This will enable them to try before they buy.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Conarl_on_BI
Helper III
Helper III

Hi 

For collaboration and content sharing of Power BI user’s needs to have a PRO license to facilitate this.

Although you have a Pro license the person consuming your visualization also needs the same license added to their O365 account. 
Contact you Global Admin on how you can approach the license since they're different option available. 

Thanks,

Conarl_On_BI

Hi there,

I would like to add to that, in that you could possibly get the users to start the Pro Trial as you have.
The reason being that if this is something new and you want to ensure that it is something your organization will use and realize how awesome it is. This will enable them to try before they buy.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors