Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

apayze
Regular Visitor

Pro Pricing for just the person publishing the report or for all views of the report

Hi,

I want to be able to deploy Reports to SharePoint Sites ands teams, not just my workspace I do not have Power BI pro yet.

I assume that I need Power BI to publish to the SharePoint list?

What about users of the SharePoint site ... do they need PowerBI Pro licenses to view the reports or do I only need one license?

Thanks

Andrew

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@apayze If you are talking about SharePoint Online, then you would need all users to have a Pro license. You can't publish a Power BI report to a SharePoint list (If you are thinking this will work like SSRS reports, it won't work that way). If it isn't SharePoint Online, then you would need to embed the reports.

If you use a Pro Feature in any way that involves the report than all end users will need a Pro license.

And the method for sharing the creation and storage of reports would fall within Power BI Groups, which are in essence O365 groups. (Also a Pro Feature)

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@apayze If you are talking about SharePoint Online, then you would need all users to have a Pro license. You can't publish a Power BI report to a SharePoint list (If you are thinking this will work like SSRS reports, it won't work that way). If it isn't SharePoint Online, then you would need to embed the reports.

If you use a Pro Feature in any way that involves the report than all end users will need a Pro license.

And the method for sharing the creation and storage of reports would fall within Power BI Groups, which are in essence O365 groups. (Also a Pro Feature)

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Hi,

Thank you so much for this, validates what I thought..  Yes it is SharePoint Online.  

Regards

Andrew

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors