Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SHHargrove
Advocate II
Advocate II

Premium "embedded mode" vs "Saas" mode

The white paper includes this statement"... Developers can choose  to use their capacity in “embedded mode” instead of user authenticated “SaaS mode".

Does this mean I cannot have a mix of Embedded and SaaS with the same Premium License -- do I need to buy one for each?

5 REPLIES 5

@SHHargrove There are two flavors of Premium. The overall Premium license - which you are reading about in this particular whitepaper, and the Premium Embedded license which only grants you permissions to embed (These are the "EM" sku's). The Premium licenses (P1, P2, etc) include both licenses. So as a developer it appears you could choose either. As opposed to a scenario where you only by the EM sku, and would have to choose "Embedded".

P1 starts at 5k a month

EM1 starts at 625 a month

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Thanks for the repy, but it still leaves me with the question, with P1, I know I can choose either, the question is can I choose both at the same time and serve my clients with a mix of the two?

@SHHargrove I need to get some details. Let me see if I can find out. The confusing part for me as I read through things relatest to the recommendation for a seperate AAD to be spun up. I assume this still sits within the tenant and the Premium license applies, but I want to confirm.

The apps workspace needs to be part of the premium capacity, so in theory, you could have both Saas Premium and Embedded users accessing the same App. But I can't say definitively.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Hi, I'm interested in this answer too - any follow up yet? 

THanks for looking into this...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors