Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

salmanmohammad
Frequent Visitor

PowerPoint Exports

Hello all,

I have uploaded a Power BI Dashboard to service and would like to download it in the PowerPoint format. I know Power BI service allows this, but there are certain limitations:

1. It was great when I could download each visual as a separate image from Power BI service to ppt. Now this has been disabled and I can only download each dashboard as a single picture. Any options that will allow me to go back to downloading each chart/visual as a separate image?

2. The Power BI website mentions that text boxes remain editable while we download from the service in the ppt. format. But, this does not seem to work for me as I get each dashboard as a single image on 1 slide, including the text boxes. They are not editable.

3. Any way by which I can download visuals as editable objects? I mean download charts from Power BI to be added into PowerPoint with the look and feel as if they were from Excel? As in without the extra options and arrows and other stuff in the image?

Much appreciate the support, thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @salmanmohammad,

1. I'm afraid there isn't such a option. I would suggest you create an idea here.

2. I have reported this issue to the Product Team.

3. I would suggest you create an idea here.

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
mycwidms
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi, was #2 ever fixed > CRI 69275773? I still see that it is entire image that gets outputted into PPT and the text is not editable.

v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @salmanmohammad,

1. I'm afraid there isn't such a option. I would suggest you create an idea here.

2. I have reported this issue to the Product Team.

3. I would suggest you create an idea here.

Best Regards,

Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Is #2 got fixed? Any update on this?

Thanks!

Thanks for responding Dale. Please let me know if the issue about the editable text boxes has been resolved already?

Kind regards,
Salman

Hi Salman,

Not yet, I will update here. For internal reference, the report ID is CRI 69275773.

Best Regards,

Dale

Hey Dale,

Any updates on this issue resolution?

Kind regards,
Salman

ok, thank you. I will await your update on this!

Kind regards,

Salman

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors