Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

spottlap
Regular Visitor

PowerPoint Export Issue

Hello Team,

We are trying to use the Export to PowerPoint option. It is really looking good after exporting the Reports to PowerPoint. But there are few graphics which are getting ignored while exporting.

1. The Back ground color from Original Reports Page is not exported to PowerPoint. So its showing as White background and loosing the look and feel of the report.

2. The slicer options created in reports are not working in PowerPoint.

3. Custom Visuals are not currently exported to PowerPoint.

Regards,

Srinivas P.

5 REPLIES 5
andrewporter
Advocate I
Advocate I

A workaround to get background images to show up is to add a 100% transparent, 0pt Rectangle "Shape" that covers the entire page and send it to the back in terms of formatting layers. Not ideal, but it works.

v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@spottlap

These are limitations for Export reports from Power BI to PowerPoint (Preview). Please refer to the limitations section of this document.

• Custom visuals, and R visuals, are not currently supported. Any such visuals are exported as a blank image into PowerPoint.
  • Background images will be cropped with the chart's bounding area. It's highly recommended that you remove background images before exporting to PowerPoint.
  • In-session interactivity such as highlighting and filtering, drill-down, and so on, are not yet supported when exporting to PowerPoint. The exported PowerPoint shows the original visuals as they were saved in the report.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Hi @v-haibl-msft!

I can't understand what's mean "chart's bounding area". I tryed export pptx with image in chart's area and outside chart's area - always blank slides instead of images. 

I am having an issue as well. It appears when you export to Powerpoint now the background image is no longer included in the "charts bounding area". Up until about two weeks ago it seemed to work as described. Now it just shows the chart or visual not the background in that area.

DPereponov
Regular Visitor

Hello!

We have a similar problem. When we trying export report to pptx - all images export like white blank elelment. But in PowerBI it is a normal image.

Снимок экрана 2017-04-07 в 16.34.20.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors