04-06-2017 06:46 PM
We are trying to use the Export to PowerPoint option. It is really looking good after exporting the Reports to PowerPoint. But there are few graphics which are getting ignored while exporting.
1. The Back ground color from Original Reports Page is not exported to PowerPoint. So its showing as White background and loosing the look and feel of the report.
2. The slicer options created in reports are not working in PowerPoint.
3. Custom Visuals are not currently exported to PowerPoint.
04-09-2017 11:33 PM
These are limitations for Export reports from Power BI to PowerPoint (Preview). Please refer to the limitations section of this document.
- Custom visuals, and R visuals, are not currently supported. Any such visuals are exported as a blank image into PowerPoint.
- Background images will be cropped with the chart's bounding area. It's highly recommended that you remove background images before exporting to PowerPoint.
- In-session interactivity such as highlighting and filtering, drill-down, and so on, are not yet supported when exporting to PowerPoint. The exported PowerPoint shows the original visuals as they were saved in the report.
04-23-2017 02:15 PM
I can't understand what's mean "chart's bounding area". I tryed export pptx with image in chart's area and outside chart's area - always blank slides instead of images.
04-26-2017 02:16 PM
I am having an issue as well. It appears when you export to Powerpoint now the background image is no longer included in the "charts bounding area". Up until about two weeks ago it seemed to work as described. Now it just shows the chart or visual not the background in that area.
09-14-2017 08:50 AM
A workaround to get background images to show up is to add a 100% transparent, 0pt Rectangle "Shape" that covers the entire page and send it to the back in terms of formatting layers. Not ideal, but it works.