Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Tsanka
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

PowerPivot KPIs

Hi guys,

It seems that the PowerPivot KPIs are not supported in the PowerBI designer/desktop. When an Excel file with KPIs is uploaded in PowerBI, it is well visualized in PowerBI mobile, however it cannot be edited/seen in the designer ("Visual type is not yet supported"). Do you plan to add them soon?

The new PowerBI has really cool new features however we would prefer to work with the Excel PowerPivots as the reports built in Excel support table row KPIs and have drill-down functionality.

Thanks

Tsanka

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You can connect to Excel instead of importing it. WHen you do that, you can render the workbook in full fidelity including your KPIs.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
cwebb22
Advocate II
Advocate II
Anonymous
Not applicable

Additionally there is no Idea also to support this,

Let’s add here https://support.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi

And vote! 

Thanks for the idea.

I found this thread https://support.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi/suggestions/8276622-create-kpi-in-designer-file and will vote there hoping to be heard.

You can connect to Excel instead of importing it. WHen you do that, you can render the workbook in full fidelity including your KPIs.

What if you build the entire thing in PowerBI Desktop? What if there is no PowerPivot model. What then?

It's now September 7, 2015 - happy Labor Day in the US - is there any update on KPIs in the new Power BI 2.0 either by "pinning" to a dashboard or natively in the Power BI desktop?

Thanks for the input.

I tried the proposed approach - got data from a connected Excel file with PowerPivots and KPIs there. When I try to view/edit the file from PowerBI, the file is opened in Excel Online and there KPIs are rendered. This however is not what I would like to achieve - to be able to use the new visuals in PowerBI together with the KPIs from the Excel PowerPivots.

andre
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

The service does not yet render Excel in high fidelity for me as well. However, Microsoft did go on record that this feature is coming and at some point we will be able to pin Excel charts to dashboards the same way we can Power View charts. (Although I don’t know if Desktop/Service charts can still be technically called Power View or whether there is a new name for this visualization technology)

Today is now September 20, 2015 - almost 2 moths after launch - any updates to both full fidelity rendering of Excel and KPIs?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors