Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

perpor
Helper V
Helper V

PowerBI not starting after download and install

Download yesterday the latest version and install on a pc (Win 7, 4GB, 2.40GHz)

then launching, but always the yellow box, not ending

please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @perpor,

I think something is wrong with the OS based on my experience. Some other suggestions I can make:

1. Try this latest release of 9/21/2017. Install with "run as administrator".

2. Try to install 32 bit version if the computer is x86_64 though this isn't a good idea.

3. Try to find the logs if there are. Maybe you can find them here: C:\Users\{your current OS user}\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop\Traces\Performance. If you can share them with me, I will try my best to help.

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @perpor,

Please do some troubleshooting.

1. Reboot your computer, then check if it's OK;

2. Open PBI Desktop from the shotcut, don't open it from a file in case the file is too big;

3. Is your OS x86 or x86_64? And which version of PBI Desktop did you install?

4. Uninstall Power BI Desktop, reboot, reinstall it.

Best Regards!

Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Operations 1 2 3 4 repeated many times

I am at least 3 or 4 months downloading a new version of Powerbi and installing it
but the result is always the same

The computer is ok, has many applications and has never given any problems

I've installed powerpi on at least ten other computers, even much less powerful of this, without ever having problems,
i do not understand what's on this computer that prevents power bi to start ..

Some other suggestion ?? I need to use powerbi on this pc...

Hi @perpor,

I think something is wrong with the OS based on my experience. Some other suggestions I can make:

1. Try this latest release of 9/21/2017. Install with "run as administrator".

2. Try to install 32 bit version if the computer is x86_64 though this isn't a good idea.

3. Try to find the logs if there are. Maybe you can find them here: C:\Users\{your current OS user}\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop\Traces\Performance. If you can share them with me, I will try my best to help.

Best Regards!

Dale

Okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk ! thanks

solution 2 worked, for now it's fine (later I add memory to the pc.. maybe is overloaded)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors