Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

cristianomoraes
Frequent Visitor

PowerBI embedded - download .pbix file

Hi !

I've lost some .pbix files...

Is it possible to recover (download) from Azure WorkspaceId and Save as .PBIX files ??

Tks,

Cristiano Moraes.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@cristianomoraes

I don’t think it is possible now.

The only way is to download the PBIX from Power BI Service. The report must have been created using Power BI Desktop after November 23, 2016 - or updated since then - to be able to download the report. If it hasn't, the Download Report menu option in Power BI service is grayed out.

For details, please refer to https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-service-export-to-pbix/.

Best Regards,

Herbert

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@cristianomoraes

I don’t think it is possible now.

The only way is to download the PBIX from Power BI Service. The report must have been created using Power BI Desktop after November 23, 2016 - or updated since then - to be able to download the report. If it hasn't, the Download Report menu option in Power BI service is grayed out.

For details, please refer to https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-service-export-to-pbix/.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Is it possible if you dont use powerbi as service? How do u get a copy of pbix files via Azure portal? I am using a .net application to provision/embed via Azure powervi service

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors