Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

parry2k
Super User
Super User

PowerBI Service - Cannot select multiple items in slicer

For whatever reason, cannot select multiple items in slicer, regardless whether you use Shift + Click or you use Single Select -> off, it always select only one item in the slicer.

Help!

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@parry2k

You should use Ctrl + Click to select multiple items in slicer. If turn off Single Select, you just need to click one by one.

PowerBI Service - Cannot select multiple items in slicer_1.jpg

Best Regards,

Herbert

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mihart
Employee
Employee

@parry2k

@v-haibl-msft is correct.  It should work the way you both describe. Here is the documentation:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-service-tutorial-slicers/

and here is a great video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHUjz_0iZf0&feature=youtu.be

If neither of these help and it still does not work as it should, please submit a bug.

HTH,

Michele

Gents, it was always working but I think there was issue momentarily, may be part of PowerBI service update. Everything is working as expected and it is all good. Thanks for looking into it.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@parry2k

You should use Ctrl + Click to select multiple items in slicer. If turn off Single Select, you just need to click one by one.

PowerBI Service - Cannot select multiple items in slicer_1.jpg

Best Regards,

Herbert

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors