Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

phaum1967
Resolver I
Resolver I

PowerBI Pro Licence in Office 365

Hi Everyone,

I'm the administrator of an Office 365 Firm. I can go and see all users accounts in the office365 portal.

But I can add PowerbI licence to users. But It is Mentionned POWERBI (Free)

Each user has an Office 365 Business Premium.

does it include PowerBi Pro?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @phaum1967,

As @Greg_Deckler said, Power BI Pro is different from  Power BI Premium. With Power BI Pro, users are licensed individually and participate fully in the use of Power BI – both the creation of content and the consumption. With Power BI Premium, you are licensing capacity for your content rather than licensing all users of that content. Content (datasets, dashboards, and reports) is stored in Premium and can then be viewed by as many users as you want, without additional per-user costs. More details, you can review this blog: Power BI Pro & Power BI Premium: Flexibility to choose the licensing best for you and your organizat....

Best Regards,
Angelia

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @phaum1967,

As @Greg_Deckler said, Power BI Pro is different from  Power BI Premium. With Power BI Pro, users are licensed individually and participate fully in the use of Power BI – both the creation of content and the consumption. With Power BI Premium, you are licensing capacity for your content rather than licensing all users of that content. Content (datasets, dashboards, and reports) is stored in Premium and can then be viewed by as many users as you want, without additional per-user costs. More details, you can review this blog: Power BI Pro & Power BI Premium: Flexibility to choose the licensing best for you and your organizat....

Best Regards,
Angelia

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

No, Pro is a separate license.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors