Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

ovetteabejuela
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

PowerBI Premium: Distribute content to anyone

Hi Community,

from https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi-premium/

Your BI audience is widespread. Power BI Premium lets you distribute dashboards,
reports, and other content broadly, without purchasing individual licenses for
each recipient—whether they’re inside or outside your organization

What does that really mean?

So, if I am from COMPANY_X and my email is me@COMPANY_X.com does that mean I can share a report to someone with an external account for example resourceperson@GMAIL.com, subcontractor@COMPANY_E.com and all they need to do is create a free account from www.powerbi.com?

Is that it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ovetteabejuela,

If you publish the content pack to Power BI Premium capacity, other accounts can access your pack without pro license.

For detail information, you can take a look at below article:

Distribute to large audiences with Power BI apps

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ovetteabejuela,

If you publish the content pack to Power BI Premium capacity, other accounts can access your pack without pro license.

For detail information, you can take a look at below article:

Distribute to large audiences with Power BI apps

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

@v-shex-msft,

I know I already accepted your response as a solution because it does show the answer to my question, but I still have some more questions/or maybe more of confirmation to make:

EXTERNAL SHARING (ROADMAP ITEM - NOT YET IMPLEMENTED)

You will be able to share apps to your partner organizations using AAD B2B.

1. Does this mean that as of today, I still can't share anything to anyone outside of our organizations O365?

2. AAD B2B, where is this managed? From within our organization, particularly someone from our IT department?

Hello,

My organization is currently facing the same hurdle as OP in that we would like to share apps with subcontractors who exclusively have PowerBI Free. I hope that either OP has gotten an answer to his latest question elsewhere and could share it or that by bumping this thread we can still get an answer.

The simple question is:

If my app is inside a premium capacity, can anyone with whom it was shared and with a free powerbi account access it when shared today or is this still something on the roadmap?

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

That's the general idea.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors