Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Lorcs

Power Bi dashboard within PowerApps application

Hi

I have one small question, I am trying to embedd one of my Power Bi tiles into one of my PowerApps as I believe this is the most awesome and helpful function released to date.

However I am having difficulty with the 'TIle' dropdown.

In the 'Workspace' dropdown my options are there, same as with the Dashboard. But somehow the 'TIle' dropdown is innaccessible. Its just slightly greyed out and I cannot select it. 
What am I doing wrong? I have made sure the tile is shared with me from Power Bi side, as I am the owner anyway.

Any advice?

Regards
Lorcan

5 REPLIES 5
Hook3688

I am having this exact same issue. This would be a huge help if I could get this to work.

Anonymous
Not applicable

What browser are you using? I found that in Edge the Dashboard and Tile was greyed out, once i switched to Chome i was able to select something.

Also make sure you have created a dashboard under the workspace your report is located.

If you go into Power Bi on the left you can see if you have a dashboard or not.

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you pin individual power bi report elements to your dashbaord insted of pining whole report it seems to work

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

OK, I just did this. Really cool. So, I created a band new blank app, added the Power BI Control and then I clicked the control's connect to data. Then I selected my workspace and then my dashboard and then the Tile dropdown became available and I was able to select a tile. Only thing I can think of is perhaps you have tiles on your dashboard that are not compatible? I was working with My Workspace.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Hi Smoupre

May I ask what you mean by 'Not compatible'?

Thanks for your response

Lorcan

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors