Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jhampson
Frequent Visitor

Power Bi Services - Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online Sales Manager - Custom Fields

I am unable to see my custom fields using the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online Sales Manager app in Power BI Online Services. How may I do so?

There is another post on the same liines as this question, and a responder suggested using Power BI Desktop... sure that works, but the point of using Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online Sales Manager in Power BI online is so that I can stream my data from my app, automatically updating my dashboards that I share. Unless I am mistaken I cannot do that with Power BI Desktop.

If Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online Sales Manager app is the wrong tool, is there a way to stream odata in Power BI Online Services from Microsoft Dynamics Sales?

many thanks

Jeff

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks Simon, I am going to explore possibly using a data gateway so I can connect via odata and not use this content pack.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@jhampson

Currently, the custom field in Dynamics CRM Online is not included content pack. You can only import the fields in Power BI Desktop. You can create your own app to push your data into a streaming dataset. Please refer to sample below:

Monitor Real-time Data with Power BI Dashboards

You just need to replace the PUSH URL string.

66.PNG

Regards,

Thanks Simon, I am going to explore possibly using a data gateway so I can connect via odata and not use this content pack.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors