Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SamTrexler
Helper IV
Helper IV

Power BI support for large datasets in dedicated capacity?

Last year at the launch of Premium, the "Power BI Premium Whitepaper" stated that Microsoft would be releasing support for large datasets in the future, saying "You will be able to build models as large as  the Power BI Premium dedicated capacity memory can hold. " They also said the increase in size limits would be done gradually, and "In addition, to effectively support large datasets, a set of additional features, listed below, will need to be introduced." It's not clear what those additional features are, perhaps incremental refresh and others?

I haven't seen any mention of large datasets in the blog or forums since then. And I have voted up the Idea.

Can anyone tell me if the increased size limits are available yet in dedicated capacity - for P, EM and/or A nodes? And if so, what are the effective limits for each node size? We are getting close to starting an implementation of Embedded and are currently developing reports using a Pro license that will be deployed in our app. Some of those reports exceed 1 GB when importing many years of data (for trend analysis, data mining, etc.), and Direct Query is not always an option. So I'd like to know if the 1GB report limit has been expanded for A and EM capacities.

Can you also tell me what other "additional features" have been released? We're particularly interest in incremental refresh and a few others like read-only replicas.

Thanks,

Sam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi Sam,

The support of large dataset is available now. Please refer to this documentation for details. I'm afraid the other feature, like incremental refresh, is still under review or development. Please refer to suggestions/7288623-incremental-data-loads.

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi Sam,

The support of large dataset is available now. Please refer to this documentation for details. I'm afraid the other feature, like incremental refresh, is still under review or development. Please refer to suggestions/7288623-incremental-data-loads.

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-jiascu-msft, that's exactly the documentation I was looking for. Very helpful. Also the link on incremental refresh was a help - not the news I hoped for, of course, but at least I know the status and can follow it.

Thanks for your help.

Sam

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors