Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI live connection to SSAS

I have created a report using SSAS in Power BI Desktop and published it. I have configured a gateway in power BI service for data refresh. I have also mapped and added a Effective Username and provided my domain upn. On testing, it shows "Online , good to go". But when I come back to view my report, I get an Error "There was a data source error." Can anybody help me with this issue? Please find below snapshots for reference:

Thanks in advance. 🙂

Manage Gateway settingManage Gateway settingPower BI Report (in service)Power BI Report (in service)

2 REPLIES 2
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous,

From your description, it seems that you could configure the Gateway and add Data source successfully.

It means that your SSAS server and gateway are installed in a same domain or trusted domains.

So the error may be caused by Map user name.You could have a reference of this similar thread which has been solved.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
deepu299
Advocate V
Advocate V

Hi @Anonymous  Do you see any errors in Gateway logs ? And does the user has access to the data source  (need to list them under Users tab) ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors