Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

rajni
Regular Visitor

Power BI free or Pro for marketers

Hi

I have taken a good look at the power BI features, but I need your help understand it better. 

The marketers in my organization runs 100 -120 campaigns each month and analytics team analyses the data and share the report in a dashboard weekly or monthly. We want to provide marketers a tool where they can create their own dashboard and analyze the performance of their campaigns real time. 

Thanks, 

Rajni

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @rajni

Here is a link to the overview which shows the differences between Free, Pro and Premium

https://www.fourmoo.com/infographics/power-bi-overview-infographic/

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
rajni
Regular Visitor

Since there is no reply on this thread, i'm assuming, i need Pro version.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Pro version is needed for anything "sharing" unless you are using an option called "Publish to the web".  Publish to the web, as a feature, creates an external link that is open to literally everyone.  So unless the data is fine for everyone to see, you will be needing to assign pro user licenses to your report creators and viewers.

If you have a huge userbase, Power BI premium is another avenue.

Thanks Ross!

My user base is between 200 -300. Does the creator pro licence different from viewer licence?

Hi @rajni

Here is a link to the overview which shows the differences between Free, Pro and Premium

https://www.fourmoo.com/infographics/power-bi-overview-infographic/

Power BI Blog

Thank you Guavaq!

I like your infographics, helpful in understanding the Power BI service at once. I'll share this link with people with the similar queries. However, differenciating pro and premium with # of users would have helped users in making quick decision. 

I have updated the info graphic to reflect the estimated users.

Power BI Blog

Hi @rajni

Great idea, I will look to putting this into my next update.

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

No.  There is only Free and Pro when it comes to licensing.  For 'consumers' you'd need look at Premium, which start around a similar cost to 500 users.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors