Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Shimflex

Power BI embed code using Python

Guys!

I have registered a Native app on Azure and gave the permissions for Power BI APIs. So I have only client ID for this app, and no client secret. 

I tried to get an access token for this app so later I get an embed token for Power BI reports. I am using Python ADAL library, which works for Web Apps but it does not work for my Native app. 

Using Postman I tried POST https://login.microsoftonline.com/common/oauth2/token. It works for Web App, but still I cannot get access token for Native app.

Can anyone suggest a way to get access token for Native app via Postman (just api) or Python?

Thanks.

p.s. authetication with password gives the error "error_description":"AADSTS50076: Due to a configuration change made by your administrator, or because you moved to a new location, you must use multi-factor authentication to access '00000009-0000-0000-c000-000000000000" , and I do use multi factor authentication.

1 REPLY 1
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Shimflex,

Please check if you selected the native app option when you register with the power bi app registration tool. In addtion, use Native app for apps that run on client devices. You will also do choose Native APP if you are embedding content for your customers regardless of what the actual application is. Even for web applications.***

Please refer to Register with the Power BI App Registration Tool and also refer to this smilar case: 

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Developer/How-To-Get-embed-token-using-Get-Post-only/td-p/294475

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors