Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Khalid

Power BI advantages while using it in salesforce

what are the advantages of using power BI in salesforce instead of using salesforce plateforme to create reports and dashboards.

Best regards

2 REPLIES 2
Khalid

What are the advantages of using power BI with salesforce instead of creating reports and dashboards in salesforce platforme.

Best Regards

Hi Khalid,

If I'm understanding your question correctly, you're wondering what the differences are between building a report using the built in SalesForce report tool on their website vs. using Power BI Desktop. SalesForce does offer some basic reporting tools for tables, charts, graphs, etc... but their selection is significantly limited compared to Power BI Desktop or Excel. I've built reports using both tools and can say wholeheartedly that I always recommend my clients let me build them reports in PowerBI or Excel. Some of the selling points of PowerBI Vs. SalesForce include:

• Ability to connect to multiple (20+ and counting) sources of data to use in your report.
  • Significantly greater variety of visuals (charts/graphs) available to help you tell a story with your data. Including custom visuals developed by companies and the community.
  • Visuals & Slicers (filters) in the reporting are interactive and dynamic, with custom visual.
  • Highly customizable (E.g. fonts, colors, layout, names, etc...) to get it to the clients requirements.
  • Ability to export report pages to PowerPoint.
  • And much more...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors