Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

NunesDiogo

Power BI WebService / Power BI Desktop

Hello,

I'm new to this tool and working mainly with excel files. I do understand Power BI WebService lose in data modeling to Power BI Desktop. But Power Bi WebService have a better refresh data rate than Power Bi Desktop. Is it possible to mix the Power bi desktop modeling data with the refresh rate from the Power BI WebService ?

Best regards
Diogo Nunes

2 REPLIES 2
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@NunesDiogo

Unfortunately, it's not possible. We can neither doing data modeling on Power BI Service, nor configuring schedule refresh on Power BI Desktop. You have to do modeling in Power BI Desktop, and publish onto Power BI Service for schedule refresh.

Power BI Desktop is just a report design tool, it's not necessary to do refresh there. And Power BI Service is a report rendering platform. We should not design report on it.

Regards,

Hello @v-sihou-msft and thank for the reply.

When you say " You have to do modeling in Power BI Desktop, and publish onto Power BI Service for schedule refresh." the best refresh rate we can have is a daily one through  the datagateway right  ? or there is another way to have a better rate refresh by publishing into the webservice  ?

i hope to be clear with my doubt.

Best regards

Diogo Nunes

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors