Occasional Visitor

Re: Power BI Report web part for SharePoint Online Discussion

Is the requirement that consumers of the web part have a Power BI Pro license only during the preview or is this going to be a requirement at GA as well? This is a simple question, I need a simple answer.

Power BI Team

In SharePoint Online, Power BI web part consumers and authors need a Power BI Pro license. Hope that's simple enough.

Frequent Visitor

I have a few questions:

1. Are users able to export to Excel as they would with the Power BI.com service?

2. As it relates to filters are users able to use the search functionality?

VP Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

We can not enable First release for everyone in large organisation without testing . Is there option to enable for selected User first for testing?

Power BI Team

The web part requires some authentication APIs that SharePoint has enabled only as a Tenant level first release. So this mean users would not be able to log-in to the web part (you saw the login related issues earlier on this thread was due to this very issue).
VP Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Documentation also explain enabling "First release for selected users".

If i have selected user in first release with Power BI pro license, will it work for selected first release users?

Is there any option to enable only this feature to all in organization in admin center?

Frequent Visitor

Based on my exerience it doesn't work for only selected users on First Release, see known issues in announcment

Power BI Team

Correct, you need to use the "First release for everyone" option.
Frequent Visitor

That is so so.... frustrating Smiley Sad

First Release for Everyone? As shared by someone else earlier on this post, we can't go to that type of settings in a large organization.

Frequent Visitor

In SharePoint Online, Power BI web part consumers and authors need a Power BI Pro license. Hope that's simple enough.

How convienent, you won't allow us to embed private data which is shareable via dashboards for free. Then to embedd within our own SharePoint online space your require Pro for those users.

I can't purchase 500 licenses of Pro, make the authors have it something, but not consumers.  We can't implement with these restrictions.