Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mrvamsidhar
Helper I
Helper I

Power-BI Pro Vs Power-BI Basic

Hello, I am currently having Power-BI pro license. I created a couple of dashboards and shared to someone who is having a Power-BI basic license.

My question is does user who is having Basic license can view the dashboard created by user who is having Pro license?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @mrvamsidhar,

Beginning June 1, 2017 existing users of the Free service who have been active within the past year (on or before May 2, 2017) will be eligible for a free, 12-month extended trial of Power BI Pro. Please let Power-BI basic license people activate Extended Pro Trial by two ways:

1. When you sign in to the Power BI service, and are eligible, you will get a pop-up notice. Selecting Activate Trial will begin the Extended Pro Tria.

2. If you dismissed the pop-up by selecting Not Now, the Extended Pro Trial can be activated any time until the end of the trial period on May 31, 2018. This can be done in the Notification center.

If someone you shared with have the pro trial, they have access to view the dashboard. 

More details, please review the article: Extended Pro Trial activation.

Best Regards,
Angelia

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your collegue needs pro.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
mrvamsidhar
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks all for you reply. I am still little unclear. I am having Power-BI pr license and created a Dashboard and Shared to my collegue who is having Power BI Basic. When my collegue tried to View report, he is getting attached error. 

1. Does my collegue should also have Pro license to view dashboard I shared?

PowerBI.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your collegue needs pro.

mrvamsidhar
Helper I
Helper I

Hello, I am currently having Power-BI pro license. I created a couple of dashboards and shared to someone who is having a Power-BI basic license. Can anyone who is having Power-BI access to view the dashboard?

Hmm, I believe that the only way to share content with a Basic user would be to use Publish to Web under the new licensing scheme.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @mrvamsidhar,

Beginning June 1, 2017 existing users of the Free service who have been active within the past year (on or before May 2, 2017) will be eligible for a free, 12-month extended trial of Power BI Pro. Please let Power-BI basic license people activate Extended Pro Trial by two ways:

1. When you sign in to the Power BI service, and are eligible, you will get a pop-up notice. Selecting Activate Trial will begin the Extended Pro Tria.

2. If you dismissed the pop-up by selecting Not Now, the Extended Pro Trial can be activated any time until the end of the trial period on May 31, 2018. This can be done in the Notification center.

If someone you shared with have the pro trial, they have access to view the dashboard. 

More details, please review the article: Extended Pro Trial activation.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors