Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

nirvana_moksh
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Power BI Gateway Deprecate?

Hello All,

I heard from a few that Microsoft is planning to deprecate the PBI Gateway, idk if this is true or not which is why I wanted to see if anyone else had information on this so I can plan the move accordingly.

Thank You

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@nirvana_moksh I've never heard this... There is no other mechanism that I am aware of that will interact with Cloud and On-Premises data. They've also been continually improving this, so that doesn't ring true to me.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
zoloturu
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @nirvana_moksh,

I also had the same question. I've heard that Personal Gateway will be deprecated. So I checked that with Power BI Support and Product Teams. See their response below:

There are no plans for the gateway to be deprecated, the Product team is actively investing time on new features on both gateways.

Actually, no worries. 

Thanks a lot for sharing that!

@nirvana_moksh I've never heard this... There is no other mechanism that I am aware of that will interact with Cloud and On-Premises data. They've also been continually improving this, so that doesn't ring true to me.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Thanks a lot Seth for replying to my post, I felt the same as well but I wanted some one else to confirm and your reply helps greatly. I really appreciate your response.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors