Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mauropasi
Advocate I
Advocate I

Power BI Desktop import data from excel stored in onedrive business

Hi everybody 

I tried to follow what's suggested here:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-desktop-use-onedrive-business-links/

and succeded in getting data to Power Bi Desktop. 

Unfortunately after uploading the report to the service I can't get it to refresh. The service complains about having the wrong credentials for the source, which is not the case.

Has anybody come across this? Any solution?

BR,

Mauro

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Qiuyun Yu,

I just checked it and it seems fixed now.

Best Regards,

Mauro

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
vital_bi
Frequent Visitor

i have same problem yet there is no OAuth2 option on data set credentials

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mauropasi,

After publish to the Power BI Service, you need to go to dataset settings and expand "Data source credentials" node, click OAuth2 authentication to type organization account for the data source. See:

q2.PNGq1.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Qiuyun Yu,

Thanks for the reply. 

I did do that but it still complains that the credentials are wrong. I guess I will report this to support.

BR,

Mauro 

Hi @mauropasi,

Product team is working on the refresh issue for OneDrive now. I got the information ETA for the fix should be on 11/26, please send the feedback if the issue is fixed on that time.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun  Yu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Qiuyun  Yu,

I tested it right now and it doesn't seem to work yet unfortunately. I'll keep an eye out for this in the following days.

Best Regards,

Mauro

Hi @mauropasi,

Thanks for your feedback. I'm also waiting for the information from product team, once they update the status, I will update here and let you know.

Thanks for your understanding and support.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Hi Qiuyun Yu,

I just checked it and it seems fixed now.

Best Regards,

Mauro

Hi @mauropasi,

I also tested in my environment, the dataset contains the web data source connect to OneDrive for Business provide OAuth2 authentication for us to enter credential and the dataset can be refreshed successfully now.

As the issue is gone, would you please mark a helpful reply as an answer so that we can close the thread?

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors