Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ihavethepower
Regular Visitor

Please make sure your data gateway (personal mode) is installed and configured properly

Hi,

Since last Thursday my personal gateway returns the following error:

"Please make sure your data gateway (personal mode) is installed and configured properly"

I tested the gateway via Power BI and it says it is online and working and I upgraded the gateway to the latest vervsion but it still fails.

image.png

I noticed another customer has the same issue, from the same time so maybe someone knows a solution ?

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ihavethepower
Regular Visitor

It appears the PowerBI scheduled refresh service is back working again and my issue has been resolved without any changes on my side. Thanks to all who replied

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ihavethepower
Regular Visitor

It appears the PowerBI scheduled refresh service is back working again and my issue has been resolved without any changes on my side. Thanks to all who replied

sontt
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi,
I have same problem and i found this problem because i used Web.Page function.
U can read it here: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/.
Now u can fix it by use on-premise gateway (not personal) and wait they fix it. This is my way.

Thanks, I can confirm this was the problem for me.

Fortunately I can replace web query with local alternatives until they fix this problem.

Thank you for your reply but I am not using that function so it may be some other central service issue

Can you give more information about your data source type? Or u can try on-premise gateway, maybe gateway personal have problem.

Thanks again. I tried the on-premises gateway but I get the same error. This dataset is very simple - it just reads directly from a SQL Server database via some queries. There is one third party visualisation (Zoomcharts) but ther rest are all native.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors