Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

sanimesa
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Phantom Filters on visuals

Noticed something very strange on a report, there was a visual level filter (on two of the visuals) that I just could not remove.  Tried all the obvious things to the best of my ability. Copying the visuals to a new page removed the filter at first then it appeared on the new page. At some point, for no apparent reason, the problem went away.

I was certainly not seeing things because a user found a problem on the published report. 

3 REPLIES 3
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @sanimesa,

Noticed something very strange on a report, there was a visual level filter (on two of the visuals) that I just could not remove.

Do you mean you failed to remove the report level filters? The fields were always existing in the filter section? Does this problem occur in desktop or service?

This is very odd. Please close and re-open your .pbix file to see whether issue persists. If possible, please re-create this report for a test. And use the latest version of Power BI desktop for a test.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yulgu-msft

Yes, it was very odd, the report was not rendering correctly on the service which a user noticed. Then I saw the problem on the desktop.  I will keep an eye on it and report back if the problem occurs again. 

Thanks. 

Do you have a Funnel visual on the page? 

I was just having the same issue, with my map and other visuals having a "phantom filter" that was always on the visual level and could not be removed. In my funnel visual, I was drilled down to a particular level when I launched the report. Once I drill all the way back up to the top level, the problem ceases.

Let me know if that fixes your issue. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors