Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

starmoonknight
Helper III
Helper III

Personal gateway-invalid windows credential for analysis cube data source

Dear all,

I just reinstalled my OS thus have the latest PBI desktop and new On-premises data gate way (personal mode). 

After I signed in the gateway, it asked me to update my credentials for datasets the PBI. However, all credentials could be updated but the analysis cube.

Capture.PNG

I also have some OneDrive files as data sources whose authentication method is also "WindowsWithoutImpersonation" and they worked well. 

BTW, I use "my current credential" for the same analysis cube in PBI desktop and it works good. Not sure what's the issue here.

Could anyone give som advise?

Many thanks in advance,

Olivia 

4 REPLIES 4
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @starmoonknight,

According to your description above, I have tested it on my environment, and cannot reproduce the same issue. So I would suggest you create a support ticket on Power BI Support for better assistance on it. Smiley Happy

Regards

Hi @v-ljerr-msft,

Thanks for the reply. So many factors could cause this issue especially I had just reinstalled my OS. I'm contacting PBI staff to follow this up.

Cheers

Did you manage to resolve this ? as I have exactly the same issue everything OK apart from a cube connections which I cannot set the credentials for. (Works in desktop)

Cheers

Nick

Hi @nickgraves,

I've posted the questions here as well, but no further response from PBI team yet. Maybe you could reply to that post to raise the urgency of this issue.

Cheers, 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors