Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BenMcChesney
Frequent Visitor

Personal Gateway on app.powerBI.com won't delete

Hi All,

I have an old personal gateway that I installed when figuring out the powerBI gateway. It has since been removed from the service as well as the host machine. But it seems to be affecting refreshing other non-related sources. If I go to my gateway settings - I can't find the personal gateway. And it seems to be preventing me adding the same data source ( a folder ) due to a conflict with the previous datagateway. Is there a way to remove all personal gateways from your account that aren't listed elsewhere ? That would be great. 

gateways.PNG

can't_remove_personal_gateway_LI.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@BenMcChesney

The first screenshot is for on-premises gateway, personal gateway will never be displayed there. If you’ve added proper data source for the on-premises gateway and connection is successful, you’ll be able to select it in dataset settings.

Personal Gateway on app.powerBI.com won't delete_1.jpg

If you want to use personal gateway, you need to install and open personal gateway in your machine, make sure the status is Connected.

Then while you sign it to Power BI Service with same account as the user signed in personal gateway, you can see the corresponding personal gateway.

Personal Gateway on app.powerBI.com won't delete_2.jpg

Best Regards,

Herbert

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@BenMcChesney

The first screenshot is for on-premises gateway, personal gateway will never be displayed there. If you’ve added proper data source for the on-premises gateway and connection is successful, you’ll be able to select it in dataset settings.

Personal Gateway on app.powerBI.com won't delete_1.jpg

If you want to use personal gateway, you need to install and open personal gateway in your machine, make sure the status is Connected.

Then while you sign it to Power BI Service with same account as the user signed in personal gateway, you can see the corresponding personal gateway.

Personal Gateway on app.powerBI.com won't delete_2.jpg

Best Regards,

Herbert

It ended up getting fixed but I'm not sure what the issue was but it might have been with my install. I wiped windows clean and then the on-premises gateway worked as it should. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors