Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gsalas
Helper II
Helper II

Personal Gateway Windows Credentials Window Doesn't Launch

The windows credentials window never launches when Personal Gateway is installed on the machine.  After signing into my Power Bi account, the personal gateway wizard disappears and the installation fails.  When I open up the Personal Gateway again, it says I am connected, but then no gateways show up in my account.  

This window never appears during set upThis window never appears during set upThe gateway shows up as installed and runningThe gateway shows up as installed and runningBut no gateways show up on my account onlineBut no gateways show up on my account online

3 REPLIES 3
gsalas
Helper II
Helper II

per the previous comment, I set up an on-premises gateway, and it worked fine.

JLO135
Regular Visitor

Dear,

I have the same issue and I don't find the resolution in the official documentation ; what do you advise?

v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@gsalas

There are two gateways for Power BI: personal gateway and on-premises gateway. Once you install personal gateway and it shows you’re connected, it means that it is working now. You can also go to dataset settings to see the personal gateway status.

Personal Gateway Windows Credentials Window Doesn't Launch_1.jpg

For no gateways show up in your account, it is because only on-premises gateways will be listed there.

Please refer to following two official documents for more details.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-gateway-onprem/

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-personal-gateway/

Best Regards,

Herbert

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors