Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ovetteabejuela
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Personal Gateway | Error Refreshing | Timeout

I'm thinking this could be caused by Upload/Download Speed? Where I'm located now Upload Speed is maxed at 3Mbps and Download at 5Mbps. I have an access to a 5Mbps Upload network but in another location (haven't tried it there yet).

Is this really caused by the Upload Speed? What is the ideal speed then?

err_datarefresh.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@ovetteabejuelaHere is a comprehensive article that outlines what scenarios will work without a gateway.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@ovetteabejuela It's possible, could you deploy your datasources to the cloud? This wouldn't require a gateway to refresh, and thus you could avoid any timeout due to slow speeds.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

@Seth_C_Bauer,

Thank you for the response, however I have some questions around it (though I'm already trying now to do as you say).

Do you mean simply uploading CSV's, Excel workbooks to a place like OneDrive? I'm very excited to the idea, I hope that is the case. But I can't still understand "it doesn't need a gateway to refresh", how does it update - like realtime? Maybe I add a new row to an Excel workbook then Save and it gets updated from the dataset and thus the Dashboard as well?

@ovetteabejuelaHere is a comprehensive article that outlines what scenarios will work without a gateway.

Very helpful, I was researching but I didn't see that, thank you for sharing.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors