Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

rjg2g11
Advocate I
Advocate I

Personal Dashboards from Shared Reports

Hello, 

As a team we have created a number of reports and published them to various workspaces, to control who can view the different reports. We currently have 400 pro users looking at the reports acorss the workspaces. 

We want our users to be able to view these reports and create their own personal Dashboards from them, so they can save KPIs and visuals they would like to see on a daily basis. However, when they create a dashboard, everybody else (possibly up to 200 people) can view, edit and potential delete it. We want the user to have a personal one that they only see. 

Is there a way to do this and what steps do we take? I have looked around the blogs/forums and a lot of them encourage the sharing aspect of Power Bi, but for this situation, we want to control access. 

Cheers! 

6 REPLIES 6
jmatthews11

Hello - We have the same exact issue and at the moment it does not look like Apps will allow this functionality. Content packs will no longer be supported. Is there a plan to have the similar functionality of a content pack in the new App methodology?

Thanks! Joe

We have the same exact issue.

khaen
Frequent Visitor

We also have same issue.
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @rjg2g11,

If I under stand you correctly, you should be able to use organizational content packs in your scenario. Smiley Happy

In AppSource, you can browse or search for content packs published to the entire organization, to distribution or security groups, and to Office 365 groups you belong to. If you aren't a member of a specific group, you won't see content packs shared with that group. All members of the group have the same read-only access to the content pack data, reports, workbooks, and dashboards (unless it's a SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) data source, in which case your privileges are inherited with the data source).

The dashboards, reports, and Excel workbooks are read-only, but you can copy and use the dashboards and reports as a starting point for creating your own personalized version of the content pack.

Regards

With content packs going away, what is our resort to achieve the same functionality.

Apps dont allow you to copy a dashboard or report to your own workspaces. How do we allow that without them having the ability to change the canned enterprise reports that IT releases.

Please let me know your thoughts. Highly critical for us at this point.

With content packs going away, what is our resort to achieve the same functionality.

Apps dont allow you to copy a dashboard or report to your own workspaces. How do we allow that without them having the ability to change the canned enterprise reports that IT releases.

Please let me know your thoughts. Highly critical for us at this point.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors